Thursday, May 5, 2016

My favourite essential oil: Grounding Blend (Balance)

I was first introduced to DoTerra essential oils in the fall of 2013.

I was in a difficult place in my life. My workplace was in turmoil, a supervisor and I were having difficulties, and I started having panic attacks. I couldn't eat or sleep and my heart rate was through the roof. I took a 3 month stress leave from work and hunkered down.

I remember being at a union meeting with my friend, Steph, when she gave me a sample of DoTerra's grounding blend, Balance.

Balance doterra


I guess there was a reason it is called the "grounding blend". I was immediately taken with the earthy body of the oil. The smell of earth and trees and calm flooded me. It's hokey, I know, but it was like taking a walk in the woods, sitting on a fallen log, listening to the birds sing, and knowing it would all be okay.

Balance is a blend of Spruce, Ho Wood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, and Blue Camomile. Now, I only knew what two of those ingredients were and I didn't know what they did. All I knew was, for the first time in what seemed like months, I could breathe.

It makes sense that DoTerra lists one of it's primary benefits as evoking "feelings of tranquility and balance."

I have used Balance daily since then. Sometimes, it is just out of love for the smell. Sometimes, it is to relax. Every time, it is because of the feeling of peace and nature that it brings to me in the midst of the city and the chaos of life.

It might do the same for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment